AC Internship W1213
The Children's Zoo at Celebration Square, an AZA-accredited facility since 2009, is currently offering Animal Collections Internships for the 2013-2014 Winter semester. The Zoo currently houses approximately 160 specimens representing over 50 species of animals. Animal Collections Internships offer the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and understanding of what it takes to maintain a vibrant animal collection in a Zoological Park setting. Internship positions are unpaid.
Characteristic Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with the Zoo's Keeper staff to gain hands-on experience working with various animals in the Zoo's collection.
- Provide food, water, and appropriate enrichment.
- Clean and disinfect enclosures.
- Observe animal procedures.
- Participate in educational programs.
- Participate in Special Event assignments.
- Complete daily paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work may be outdoor and in all weather conditions. Must have ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to and exceeding 50 pounds. Must be able to bend, squat, lift, walk, run, work in tight spaces and/or unusual working conditions. Must have ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Must be able to adapt to quickly changing environment. Must have ability to remain calm in potentially stressful situations. Internships run January through May.
Please submit resume and cover letter stating position to:
Children's Zoo at Celebration Square
ATTN: Animal Collection Department
1730 S. Washington Ave.
Saginaw, MI 48601
Fax: (989) 759-1328
No phone calls please